Last update: 23 February 2022
1. Purpose of this policy
1.1 This policy sets out how your Personal Information will be used by Entegral and applies to any information, including Personal Information and Special Personal Information, which you give to Entegral or which Entegral may collect from Third Parties.
1.2 It is important that you read this policy carefully before submitting any Personal Information to Entegral.
1.3 By submitting any Personal Information to Entegral you provide consent to the Processing of your Personal Information as set out in this Policy.
1.4 Entegral does not collect information about children without prior consent from a parent or guardian.1.5 The provisions of this policy are subject to the laws of South Africa, specifically the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”) and Promotion of Access to Information Act (“PAIA”).
1.6 Do not submit any Personal Information to Entegral if you do not agree to all of the provisions of this Policy as they apply to you. If you do not consent to the provisions of this policy, or parts thereof, Entegral may not be able to provide its products and services to you.
2.1 Personal Information – means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and (where applicable) an identifiable, existing juristic person in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity, including the name, race, gender, marital status, address and identifying number of a person, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person, recruitment details, financial history and the like. It also includes opinions about individuals as well as facts and also applies to corporate contacts;
2.2 Processing – is any activity that involves use of Personal Information. It includes any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, concerning Personal Information, including:
- the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use;
- dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or
- merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure or destruction of Personal Information;
2.3 Responsible Party – are the people who or organisations which determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal information is processed. They have a responsibility to establish practices and policies in line with POPIA. Entegral is the responsible party of all personal information used in its business.
2.4 Data Subject – the person to whom Personal Information relates, which would be yourself
3. Privacy of Personal Information and Indemnity
3.1 Entegral takes your privacy and the protection of your Personal Information very seriously, and will only use your Personal Information in accordance with this policy and any applicable legislation. It is important that you take all appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information yourself (for example, by ensuring that all passwords are kept secure).
3.2 Entegral has implemented reasonable measures to keep your Personal Information secure.
3.3 You hereby indemnify and hold Entegral harmless for any loss, damages or injury that you may incur as a result of any security compromise of your personal information to unauthorized persons or resulting from your actions during the provision of incorrect or incomplete Personal Information to us.
4. How Entegral collects Personal Information
- You may provide Personal Information to Entegral either directly or indirectly.
- We may also collect your Personal Information from any third party that may hold such information.
- Where Personal Information is not obtained directly from you it will only be processed with your consent.
5. Personal Information that Entegral may collect
5.1 Entegral will only collect the following information about you:
- Personal Information;
- Records of correspondence between yourself and Entegral;
- Details of transactions that you carry out with Entegral;
- Details of any contracts you enter into with us; and
- Other records as determined by Entegral from time to time.
5.2 Where you provide Entegral with the Personal Information of third parties you should take steps to ensure that the third party is informed of this and that Entegral will process their Personal Information in accordance with this policy.
6. Use of Personal Information Collected
6.1 Entegral may use, transfer and disclose your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- Providing you with services, products or offerings that you have requested and to notify you about any changes to these;
- Managing your account;
- Managing your relationship with Entegral and complying with your requests or instructions;
- Assessing and dealing with complaints and requests;
- Detecting and preventing fraud and/or money laundering in the interest of security and crime prevention (for instance in terms of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act “FICA”);
- Operational, marketing, auditing, legal and record keeping requirements;
- To verify your identity;
- Complying with the laws of South Africa including lawful requests for information;
- Where you have unsubscribed from direct marketing, to ensure that Entegral does not send such direct marketing to you; and
- Prevention and control of any disease
6.2 Once you have subscribed to receive communications from Entegral, we will at times contact you about services, products and offerings available from Entegral which we believe will be of interest to you by email, phone, text or other means. You can unsubscribe from receiving such communications by mailing us at https://www.entegral.net/contact/
7. Disclosure of your personal information
7.1 Your personal information will be shared with Entegral staff and selected third parties who process information on Entegral’s behalf.
7.2 To any relevant person and/or entity for purposes of prevention, detection and reporting of fraud and criminal activities, the identification of the proceeds of unlawful activities and the combatting of crime.
7.3 If you do not wish Entegral to disclose this information to Third Parties, please contact Entegral at the contact details set out below. Entegral may, however, not be able to provide products or services to you if such disclosure is necessary.
8. Retention of your information
8.1 We may retain your Personal Information indefinitely, unless you object, in which case Entegral will only retain the personal information if it is permitted or required to do so in terms of South Africa laws. As a general rule, Entegral will not retain personal information for any longer than it deems necessary considering any laws.
9. Access to Personal Information, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
9.1 You may request details of Personal Information that Entegral holds in relation to you under PAIA. The fees for copies and access are prescribed in terms of PAIA. If you would like to obtain a copy of information or request whether Entegral holds information about you kindly make use of the Prescribed Form for Access to the Records of a Private Body found at: https://www.justice.gov.za/forms/paia/J752_paia_Form%20C.pdf
9.2 You may request the correction of Personal Information that Entegral holds about you. Please ensure that personal information held by Entegral is complete, accurate and up to date. If this is not done Entegral may limit the products and services available to you or not open an account with you.
9.3 Should you wish to destruct, delete or restrict the processing of your Personal Information held by Entegral please make use of the contact details set out below.
9.4 You have a right to object on reasonable grounds to the processing of your Personal Information where the processing is carried out in order to protect one of your or Entegral’s legitimate interests, unless such processing is required or allowed by law.
10.1 Should you believe that Entegral has utilized your Personal Information contrary to this policy or any South African laws, you undertake to first attempt to resolve the concern with Entegral.
10.2 When still dissatisfied please contact the Information Officer of Entegral to address your request.
10.3 If you remain unsatisfied with the process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, using the contact details below:
Tel: 010 023 5200
Fax: 086 500 3351
11. Entegral Contact Details
Telephone: +27 (0)21 201 6777
Postnet Suite 394
Private Bag X31
Information Officer Contact Details
Telephone: +27 (0)21 201 6777
Postnet Suite 394
Private Bag X31